Wednesday 8 December 2010

Price

All magazines have a different price, this can depend on many things like who will buy the magazine and whats in it. Here are some prices of current music magazines now, and also when they are published.

Kerrang = £2.20 (Weekly)
Q Magazine = £3.90 (Monthly)
NME = £2.30 (Weekly)
X Factor Magazine = £1.95 (Weekly)
Mixmag = £3.95 (Monthly)
Billboard Magazine $6.99 £.5.50 (Weekly)

For my magazine I think I'm going to do a monthly magazine because then you can make the magazine cost more and get more profit, I also think that when its monthly, the magazine has a lot more content and information then just a rushed quickly done magazine every week. Since my target audience is also 16 - 25 year olds, I don't think that at this age, its wise for the magazine to be too expensive and most people this age wont want to go out every week and buy a magazine.

I want to make my magazine £3.50 each month, this is because I think this affordable for each month, its also something that will make the magazine a profit and its also a price that is cheap, and will attract people to buy the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment